forumhouse.ru Members are well aware that the repair - a delicate matter.And when it comes to decorating the premises, it is often the stumbling block is the choice of material for the walls and ceilings.
And if earlier as a topcoat traditionally chosen wallpaper, now on the market are a lot of materials suitable for the interior of your dreams.
example, decorative paint and plaster.
But how not to get lost in their diversity and make the right choice?What you should know about the features of the use of these materials?
answer to these questions is dedicated to our article!
Features decorative paints and plasters
Modern decorative paints and plasters - are materials that allow you to implement the most unusual and bold design ideas.And if before the plaster or paint only considered as the basis for applying the topcoat, today these materials are themselves act as a stylish and sophisticated decor.In order to choose exactly what you need, you should know some of the features of these materials
Head of Marketing Group of Companies "ROGNEDA» Catherine Odzilyaeva :
- First of all, it should be remembered that these materials should be applied on mineral surfaces (concrete, brick, plaster, and so forth.).
For rooms with high humidity, such as bathrooms, are decorative coatings are not normally used.For this there is tile or special water-dispersion paints.
Related decorative materials can be divided into 3 groups:
- decorative paints;
- decorative plaster;
- decorative coatings.
Catherine Odzilyaeva :
- Decorative plaster, in turn, can be divided into smooth (thin-layer) and relief (forming a textured coating).
In addition, all decorative materials can be classified as interior (indoor use only) and front (can be used both indoors and outdoors).
But even here there are secrets.
Development Director «Eskaro Chemical AU» Dmitry Red'kin:
- In domestic practice, in addition to interior and exterior materials often allocate products to the exterior.
materials for the exterior facade materials different from the fact that they are suitable only for use in protected areas (eg balcony niches) or non-critical fronts.
- In decorative paints and varnishes is a key feature of the type and size of the filler, as it is due to these components is formed by one or another coating.The fillers are used various synthetic and natural materials, and combinations thereof.
Despite the fact that there are many varieties of decorative paints and plasters, we can say that the most popular materials that imitate any surface.
Expert Company TERRACO , Alexey Kurbatov :
- Decorative paint and plaster can mimic stone, cloth, natural effects, metal, wood, etc.Paint lets you create laconic interiors, and with the help of plaster interiors are available in Tuscan, Venetian, or any other style.
Expert Company «DAV - Russland» Sennekke Maria:
- For example, the weight of the decorative bonding agents can create a mirrored interior with smooth surfaces or walls with a metallic effect.
Style "marble" spotty stains - all this can be achieved, depending on the nature of the performance of the tool and the work.
This gloss can be enhanced up to the specular reflection.
This effect is visually expands the space and gives them a memorable appearance.
You might think that the choice of paint or decorative plaster require any special knowledge or is a complex process.
But is it really?
Catherine Odzilyaeva :
- As practice shows, to select the material you want to answer currently only 2 questions:
1. In what price range you want to buy stuff?
Typically, when choosing guided by the cost of 1 sq.m. coating.
2. What is the coverage you want to get a result: a stone, a fabric, or simply relief any more?Then you select it.
Decorative plaster - a quality decoration material, eco-friendly, robust and durable.
Decorative plaster provides a perfectly smooth wall becausein its application of the leveling of the surface.
The simplest and most economical option is to purchase a simple colored plaster, which consists of sand-lime mixture, painted a special dye, which gives a certain color of the plaster.
But greater freedom for creativity provide special decorative plaster, effectively simulating any surface.
This finishing material is prepared by adding to the initial mixture of rock dust.As a result, after a plaster finish interior space significantly transformed, because it effectively combines the surface of marble or granite.
To wrought plaster serve you as long as possible, it is necessary to put on a solid surface such as concrete or brick.His initial appearance decorative plaster keeps for several years, which means that the room for a long time will not need cosmetic repairs.
addition, decorative paint and plaster provide additional protection premises from mold and mildew.A wall covered with such materials, resistant to moisture, do not fade under the influence of sunlight and easy to clean.
It is believed that the wallpaper give the interior a memorable appearance.So why, then, paint the walls?
should be noted that the paint used by mankind since time immemorial even enough to remember the rock carvings.And, as practice shows, everything is new - is well forgotten old.
There are such advantages of decorative paints:
- Long service life - not less than 10 years.
order to visually "freshen up" the surface of the wall, you do not need to engage in a long and tedious process involving peel old wallpaper.After all, new paint can be applied on top of the old one.
- walls, painted decorative paint are not visible to the eye joints.
Due to the large selection of colors and application techniques, you can experiment with color and texture, to get one-of-a-kind surface that is best suitable for the interior of your room is.
- walls, painted decorative paint, easy to wash, they do not collect dust.
paint can be applied on virtually any flat surface, be it drywall, glass, metal or cement base.But we should remember that the surface for painting require careful preparation and leveling the ground.
When choosing a color decorative coatings important to understand how it will ultimately look on the wall.But what if you do not find a shade that you need?In this case you will tinting.
Tinting - a process during mixing of several colors to obtain the desired shade.
- There are three ways of tinting paints:
- Industrial Tinting: tintable coatings in the production and go on sale in different colors.
downside is the small number of ready-made colors.
- «Home» Tinting: tintable coatings using pigment pastes or tinting paints by the buyer.
main disadvantage of using a tinting pigment pastes and paints is the impossibility of re-entering the exact color.
- «Computer» tinting - is the most modern and progressive view of tinting, the main feature of which is the ability of a large number of colors, exact color from time to time, and match the color with the color of the paint on the color picker (or stand fan).
tinting process is very precise metering of pigment paste to the base paint and performed on specialized equipment.
Catherine Odzilyaeva :
- designers, painters and craftsmen usually Kohler plaster hand paints or universal tinting pastes Colerne.In this case, everything happens "by sight".
End users convenient zakolerovat material in the store with the help of machine tinting.Generally, manufacturers of decorative coatings develop tinting map on which you can select the appropriate color and then in the car zakolerovat part in this color.
Catherine Odzilyaeva :
- often happens that the very tinted plaster and did not need to, because the technique involves the application of a further coating it with any formulations: wax, varnish or paint.In this case, the finishing composition is colored.
Alexey Kurbatov :
- As a rule, each manufacturer has its own color fan or directory covers.
itself the master
As mentioned above, before proceeding to the application of decorative paint or plaster, it is necessary to prepare the surface.After all, how well will be made this milestone, the final result depends.
- Priming refers to the stage of pre-treatment and, in fact, is the foundation for the subsequent painting operations.
For priming use special coatings, primers.They serve to improve the adhesion of surface finishes, reduce the flow of subsequent layers of paint, increasing the durability and water resistance of the substrate.
The principle of the primer is fully or partially filled pores of the substrate and creating a thin film on a substrate, which has protective properties.
- Priming is necessary for:
- better adhesion (adhesion) to the decorative material surface to which it is applied;
- increase service life;
- us better coverage;
- strengthen the foundation on which applied decorative plaster.
primer selected for each specific material.For some jobs fit the most common water-dispersed acrylic primers, which are used before applying the paint.For others (usually for relief, heavy materials) are needed Quartz primer.As a rule, the manufacturer of decorative plaster in the recommendations on its use always indicates which primer to use.
Alexey Kurbatov :
- Many manufacturers have special adhesive and primer for a specific ukryvochnye decorative material.But before applying these primers necessarily primed deep penetration.
This is done to strengthen the surface and reduce the expenses of the specialized primer.Priming is performed by roller, brush or sprayer.Surface preparation depends on the finishing.Under the thin-film coating or paint preparation must be perfect, "like glass."For some textured plaster careful preparation is required, astexture of hides irregularities.
Many artists have developed their own methods of work in the application of paint or plaster.However, there are basic principles, based on which even an untrained person can become a creator of his own interior.
- Application of decorative fillers can be divided into several successive stages, for example:
1. Preparation of the base.
substrate must be even, clean, dry and free of separating substances.Damaged surface of the base must first be leveled and, if necessary, sanded.
2. Priming the surface.
3. The application of decorative plaster.
for the economical and efficient processing is recommended to apply the product with a spatula made of stainless steel.Spatula may be pre-sanded paper for wet grinding
varying techniques and grinding work, you can get a variety of optical effects.For example, to create a surface in a Venetian style, you must use a Venetian trowel and short-haired roller.This will give the coating a characteristic structural and get a velvety effect.
- work using different techniques and tools one can get plaster infinite number of textures.It all depends on you, will take a putty knife - get one coating roller - another brush - the third and so on. D.
Alexey Kurbatov :
- There are many ways of applying decorative paints and plasters.Brush, trowel, roller, swabs - is only a small list of tools used for the application of dekorativki.
- There are the following methods for applying liquid coatings, which are applied depending on the surface to be treated .
- manual methods, based on the wetting of the surface (adsorption);
- mechanized methods based on the conversion of paint in aerosol spray and followed by the formation of a film.
Manual methods - it is traditional and all understandable painting rollers, brushes and other handheld devices.For their implementation requires direct contact of the liquid and the solid surface of paint.
brush bristles should have a thick, long, tapered at the tip, easily recovers its shape after bending.The bristles can be natural or synthetic.For water-based paint is best to use a brush with synthetic bristles, because it, unlike a natural bristle, does not absorb water, swell, and retains its shape.
rollers are used for painting large areas.The smoother painted surface or the more brilliant color, the shorter must be the pile (coat) on the platen.
Mechanized methods involve the use of special equipment - nebulizers, which, depending on the operating pressure is divided into air and airless.
Sometimes coloring process comes to mind: is it possible to somehow speed up the drying process, and most importantly - not whether this will lead to a decrease in performance caused to the material?
- Material should dry as much as it should dry under certain conditions: temperature, humidity.
Alexey Kurbatov :
- After applying a layer of paint or plaster must be allowed to dry completely.Depending on the material, it can last from 2 hours to 3 days.
accelerate the drying process is strictly prohibited, asit degrades the adhesive properties of the materials!