is known all new - it is well forgotten old. tradition of covering the roof of his house with straw more than one hundred years.
But the most widespread this technology was in England.And if before the roof of straw was considered a sign of poverty, but today things have changed, and the thatched roof can afford only wealthy Europeans, because the average price of a roof ranges from 150 to 200 euros per 1m2.
about how warm the house with straw forumhouse.ru users can learn in this thread our forum.
So what is associated with increased interest in the seemingly outdated material such as straw, because the modern market of roofing material to offer for all tastes?
answer to this question lies in the unsurpassed advantages of a roof of straw, namely:
- Environmentally friendly materials and impressive appearance of the roof;
- roof of straw and a long service life and durability;
- in the house under a roof is easy to breathe, because it creates a favorable climate;
- Through thick layer of re
thatched roof is 40 to 60 years.Traditionally, the repair of the roof like a new layer of straw laid on the old one.
As a basis for such a roof is used freshwater reed or straw dlinnostebelchataya well dried.It is important to remember that it is unacceptable to use rotten, burned or moldy material.
the means to protect the tree tells in this article .
But, despite the many positive qualities and a long history, among developers is widely believed that such a roof can be got insect and it is a fire.
Maybe in the Middle Ages it was, but today the straw and reeds before put subjected to thorough processing means fire and bio-protection, which ensures the roof durability and excellent appearance.
For laying 1m2 roof takes an average of 20 sheaves of straw or reeds are 30 cm thick.
Another advantage is its thatched roof relative ease, which means that reduces the load on the foundation and the rafter system.Also, the roof of straw does not require the use of heat and waterproofing, thereby reducing the costs for installation and transform your home into energy-efficient housing.
Features of the device and installation thatched roof
Mounting roof of straw much like a conventional roof construction, such as shingles.
used as the basis of OSB sheets that allow you to create a smooth and sealed surface, which is then fixed reed or straw.
learn how to avoid mistakes during installation of roof shingles tells in this article.
Mounting such a roof can be divided into the following stages:
- On the truss system of stacked sheets of OSB;
- have put the skate gib;
- Under the GSP are set edges of rigidity;
- on a metal grid spanning the skate roofs stacked straw or reed bundles are attached by a thin steel wire;
- At the end of the installation on the roof skate fits regular shingles.
sheaves can be mounted in different ways, namely:
- firmware using wire.This method is somewhat similar to ordinary sewing, performed only two roofers special arcuate needle into which threaded mm steel wire.One of the roofers is on the roof, the other in the house - after the fixed bundle, it returns back to the needle assistant.This method is applied, if the function of the roof and the ceiling is rather time consuming process.
- Firmware with screws.This method resembles the first, but important advantage is that installation of the roof can be done without the involvement of an assistant.The screws must be pre-attached to the wire fastening sheaves of reed and then screw in the OSB sheets.Also, this method is one of the fastest ways to mount a thatched roof.
- Firmware nails.Completely similar to the method firmware with screws.However, since this method needs to increase the number of fastening elements - this increases the cost of installation.
for decoration or repair of the roof of its individual elements Roofers usually used flexible wooden branches, stripped of bark or thin wire.
Finally, to give roof mounting spectacular appearance of reeds or straw inciting shovel-bat, allowing you to permanently compacted layer and align all layers.
often on new roofs of straw striking heterogeneity of the roof layer, or a discrepancy in color.This is due to the fact that the cane could be collected in different places.Usually, after a year of operation, these differences disappear and are not considered marriage roof.
According roofer from Germany Herbert Dobelshtayna thatched roof, laid on the north and south side of the house, it has a different lifetime.This is due to the fact that the roof is uneven fade in the sun, and a greater number of cycles the temperature difference causes that the cane on the south side quickly loses its operational properties.
Although developers often choose for their homes the traditional gable roof, thatched roof, you can make any, even the most intricate and fantastic views.Reed will provide reliable protection against all the most adverse weather conditions.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the construction of the thatched roof - a time-consuming process, but the end result exceeds all expectations and costs.Indeed, thanks to the modern approach to the well-forgotten old designers and builders can create unusual, fabulous house - with a roof that will faithfully serve the homeowner than a dozen years!
Learn all about the right approach to the installation of roofing and roof system users forumhouse.ru may this section of our forum.It video to help you make the right choice of roofing material.With article about the construction of houses made of straw can be found at this link . In this section of our forum conducted hot discussion of the construction of the flat roof of the exploited.