stone wool, extruded polystyrene and ecowool.We believe that many of the people are familiar with these names forumhouse.ru.But how to find their way around the variety of heaters, which offers modern building materials market?And most importantly, for what purpose it is best or that insulation?
To answer these questions it is necessary to understand what characteristics should first look for when choosing insulation material.
- Thermal conductivity. The smaller the value, the better the material retains heat in winter and comfortable climate in the summer;
- hygroscopic material. Or, more simply, whether the material is exposed to moisture accumulation.The greater the tendency of the material to absorb moisture, the faster it loses its insulating quality;
- density material. This characteristic, calculated in kg / m3 determines the weight of the insulation.What weighs less material while maintaining its thermal insulation properties, the less load on the heater elements has constructed structures;
- environmental properties of the insulation. In recent years, an increasing number of property developers have begun to pay attention to this feature.After all, in addition to energy-saving insulation to be more safe and health;
- And the same - non-flammability of the material, its durability, water vapor permeability and the ability to soundproofing the premises.
Thus, we consider the main characteristics and features three pillars of modern and energy-efficient homes:
Stone wool is ...
Senior Design Engineer Design Center ROCKWOOL Andrei Petrov .
- Stone wool - it is one of the varieties of mineral wool.This product is manufactured by melting stone at + 1500 ° C.This results in a semblance of volcanic lava, which with the help of centrifugal force and quench converted into the fiber of the future of insulation.
for insulation of stone wool are not suitable for all stones - used as a raw material igneous rocks of gabbro-basalt group, characterized by their high strength.
If we compare the resistance to heat transfer plate with different materials of stone wool 5cm thick, then it will be equal to a wall thickness of about 20cm of timber, about 1m of full-bodied red brick or concrete 2m.And the material used in construction for 50 years.
There are three main types of insulation:
- Soft slabs;
- Hard plate;
- rolls and molded products, for example, cylinders for heat insulation of pipelines.
It should be remembered that in addition to a modified stone composed of rock wool, there are organic substances - about 4.5% by weight.These include water repellents that protect the material from moisture, de-dusting agents, as well as a binder which binds the fibers in a robust and resilient product.
as a bridge - preference is given to an aqueous solution of phenol formaldehyde resin because of its durability and chemical resistance in the cured state.
- In its pure form, and phenol and formaldehyde, of course, dangerous, but in the process of production of material products coated with the binder polymerization chamber passes, which at + 200 ° C, the resinonce and for all from the liquid turns into a solid form.
No harmful emissions from stone wool documented conclusion of the Center for Hygiene and Epidemiology.
that finally provides a material composed of natural stone, which is fireproof and prevents heat loss and has sound-absorbing properties.
is known - material properties define its scope and method of installation.So what features should be considered in rock wool insulation of the house, and it is important whether the density of the material in terms of thermal insulation?
- is important not so much density as necessary strength of products, which is dictated by the application in a particular design.Obviously, for the installation of insulation in thrust into the framework necessary soft and elastic plate, and for the device in the flat screed on insulation - rigid.
when installing insulation is necessary to strictly adhere to the manufacturer's recommendations.For soft slabs in the framework structures of the walls, which is set to thrust into the frame every 3 m wall height provides horizontal unloading bridges in the frame to the upstream heater is not pressed on the lower layers.
Stone wool is very vapor permeable, so if you put a vapor barrier on the cold side of insulation, it is the effect of cold tap in the hot tub - the last steam can not escape the cold film and rolled in the form of condensate.Vapor must be from the heater, which faces the heated volume.
also useful to view Andrei Petrov method of warming the house.
- with insulation from the inside, reduces water vapor transmission rate structures, and because of the need to install a vapor barrier and "eaten" a useful internal floor area.In addition, the outer coat protects the insulation as a load-bearing structures at home against changes in temperature, which means that the house will stay much longer.
Among developers can often hear the question: What is this stuff, and what the main difference from Styrofoam?
to dot the "i" will help us to a technical specialist company «TekhnoNIKOL» Anton Borisov .
- Extruded polystyrene foam insulation material is obtained by mixing polystyrene beads at elevated temperature and pressure, with the introduction of the blowing agent and then extruded from the extruder.
Among the characteristics of extruded polystyrene are the following features:
- Low thermal conductivity;
- Minimum water absorption;
- Light weight.
Despite the fact that the extruded polystyrene foam made from polystyrene - the material is environmentally friendly.This is confirmed by certificates and sanitary - epidemiological conclusions.
Sometimes you can hear the assertion that the extruded polystyrene and plastic - it is almost the same material.But is it really?
- differences from a lot of foam.And here are some of them:
- Compressive strength.For example: the use of extruded polystyrene in the construction of roofing pie allows workers to move across the surface of the insulation during installation without any consequences for the material;
- Fragility in bending.Due to the high strength characteristics plate bending extruded polystyrene can be used on less stable ground, maintaining higher performance of the whole structure;
- Through fine-mesh structure extruded polystyrene has almost no internal pores and voids.This structure provides a low water absorption of the material, which has a positive effect on the durability of the material.
Demonstrated durability of extruded polystyrene is at least 40 years. And the use of extruded polystyrene in the construction of foundations and basements for the device allows you to solve a number of key challenges: to reduce heat loss and increase the durability of the whole structure, protect the waterproofing layer.
What makes extruded polystyrene indispensable material for the device of floors on the ground, foundations and UWB warm floors.At the same time, extruded polystyrene is an excellent soundproofing material and helps to increase the energy efficiency of the home.
- The point is that the operation of non-insulated building is constantly losing heat.To avoid this, you need to keep the heat in our building.The most cost-effective way - is to use energy-efficient thermal insulation materials.Thus, the thickness of the walls of the house varies slightly, but thermal resistance increases significantly.
Thermal insulation of buildings is one of the most important tasks in the construction of houses, especially for Russia, with its harsh climate.Although this insulating material - both ecowool in Western countries is used in more than 50 years in our country, this material began to use recently.So what is this stuff?Seek clarification from the president of the group of companies "NGOs Equator" Vladimir Frishter.
- Ecowool - a loose , cellulose fiber , is made from recycled paper with the addition of antiseptics and flame retardants, and the structure of the material makes it possible to apply the mechanical method of warming the house, and thus minimize the human factorperforming these operations.
at warming the roof, walls, floors using blow molding machines ecowool pneumatically fed through a hose with a diameter of 65mm plates sewn into the frame structure between the rafters, studs for the film.
This fiber ekovatypronikayut in the most remote of the cavity and the gaps to form a continuous and seamless loop thermal insulation.
density ecowool during installation using the blow molding machine is an average of 35-45 kg / m3
- Ecowool pneumatically pumped into the construction, and the cellulose fibers are completely filled insulated spaceIt adheres to the surface, turning into a seamless, no sink and the heat capacity of the heat insulating layer having a thickness of 40 cm - is optimal for the construction of a passive house.
example: in areas of roofing insulation, in complex junction of two planes, which converge many rafters, ecowool easily and accurately fills the prostranstvo.Rabotu weatherization typically perform two people - one takes the material in the hopper blow molding machine, and the other directs the hosecavity designs.
performance blow molding machines - from 10 to 25 m3 / h - allows for large amounts of insulation in compressed time.
Since the condensation of water vapor in the insulation of ecowool does not happen, and there is no need for a vapor barrier device that increases the speed of construction of energy-efficient homes and reduces the flow of funds.
House, Warm ecowool, "breathe" is similar to a log of wood and help to maintain optimum microclimate. A due antiseptics and flame retardant additives that insulation refers to the group-flammable and durable materials impervious to rot and to rodents and insects.
We purposely conducted a survey and found out what kind of insulation you prefer.The results of your preferences, see here.
Learn more about thermal insulating materials made of mineral wool forumhouse.ru users can in this section of our forum.Hot discussion on installation and weatherization home ecowool can be read here.The story of our members of the forum about how to warm facade of the house extruded polystyrene is available at this link.But reading this article's accompanying video, you will see clearly how to build energy-efficient house.