For garden fencing using solid wood (deciduous) and soft (Softwood) species in the form of planks, beams and logs.The best material for wood fence - a larch, cedar or pine.Usually wooden materials previously rasp and pare down, but you can use raw logs and boards for the purpose of construction of the "wild" fence.
In any case, the wood should be strong, dense, healthy, with no rot and cracking.
Any wooden structure designed for the open air, before the installation, you must treat the protective compounds, many of which differ varying degrees of toxicity.Moisture resistance of wood can be increased by covering its bitumen.
From wood to the following types of fences:
1. Palisade - a fence of stakes driven into close to each other directly in the ground.Sometimes the pins fixed to the prozhiliny (cross-poles).Drawback - a large wood consumption
3. picket fence - fence, which runs made of several vertical boards (shtaketin) nailed to the horizontal crossbeams (prozhiliny).The main peculiarity among decorative picket fence - the upper edge design shtaketin.
4. fence pasture type - a low fence of the supporting pillars and 2 prozhiliny.
5. wooden fence panels .
- trimmed or planed boards length corresponding to the height of the fence of the future (for shtaketin);
- bars section 40x45 mm and a length equal to the length of the run (approximately 2-2.5 m) for transverse prozhiliny;
- thick beams or pillars of a different material (for supporting pillars);
- galvanized or anodized nails and screws;
- mix concrete for the foundation.
process of construction of the fence :
1.Vypolnite counting fence.The location of the supporting pillars pegs hammer and pull the rope between them.Around each peg done with the bulk substance mark the future of the pit.
distance between the posts must conform length of runs.Sami poles should be arranged strictly on the same line or at the vertex of the right angle.From the flatness of the installation of the fence is not only its appearance but also
2. Dig a hole under the supporting columns.The depth of the pit depends on the length of the pole and 1/4 part.To fence not looked sideways, all the wells should be of equal depth.
3. Treat lower ends of the supporting pillars of wood composition that prevents the process of decay wood (or bitumen. Creosote).
4. Install the poles vertically in the pit, and secure their struts.Check vertical pillars and to have their upper edges are at the same level.
5. Pull the top edge of the string columns, which will help control the horizontal the establishment of panels.
6. Manufacture of shtaketin and cross prozhiliny panel.For this, first the required number of zagotovte shtaketin and make them, if necessary, decorative cut.After that, nail the two cross each run prozhiliny shtaketiny.Shtaketiny fixed at a distance of 20 cm from the upper and lower sections.In this first shtaketina the beginning of each panel is nailed.This will be done later.
shtaketinami distance between the panel depends on the design of the fence, but it should be noted that the smaller it is, the more boards needed for the manufacture of fences.
7. Attach the panel to the supporting poles for the ends prozhiliny.To facilitate the work can be put under the bottom panel of the bar, which together with twine, stretched over supporting poles, can help control horizontal mounting.
8. When all the panels will be installed at the beginning Each of them came first shtaketinu.
9. Enter into the pits under the supporting pillars concrete mix.To do this, first thoroughly moisten the ground,
that it does not absorb water from the concrete solution.Then fill the hole with concrete and tamp it.
10. Make the gate is similar to how you collected panel.
11. On one side of the gate to cross prozhiliny attach with screws iron hinges.Just screw the hinges to the appropriate reference
post.Holes for screws are drilled in advance.
12. Try a gate in place.Check the evenness of its provisions, and only then attach it to the supporting pillars.
13. Screw the latch.
Metal mesh - netting
Metal mesh-netting - the cheapest form of fence, which looks appropriately.Such a fence can revive and enrich, landed along this fast-growing vines.
mesh hung on 2-3 prozhiliny wire, which is attached to the supporting pillars (concrete, wood or iron).Supporting pillars have to support the heavy load, especially if the grid is weighted weight of ornamental plants, so they are not just digged into the ground and fasten in holes filled with concrete.The sharp end of the grid with the top edge can be left as is, or bend.Last just need to do if there are children in the area.
- metal mesh netting in a roll-length corresponding to the length of the fence;
- galvanized iron pipes with a diameter of more than 70 mm (for tension pillars);
- metal props for angular tension columns (2 backups for each post);
- iron or wooden poles intermediate diameter is 2 times smaller than the diameter of the tension column;
- wire-rod diameter of 3 mm and a length equal to the length of the fence plus a margin for attachment to the extreme tension poles;
- tightening bolts with large eye (for attaching the wire to the tension poles);
- soft binding wire with a diameter of 2 mm (for fixing the wire-rod to intermediate poles);
- concrete grout columns.
process of construction of the fence :
1. Perform counting fence.Select bulk material contours of holes for mounting the tension and intermediate pillars.Tension poles are placed every 9 m, and intermediate - 3 m.
2. Dig a hole for tension poles to a depth of not less than 60 cm, and for intermediate - to a depth of 40 cm. For backups corner posts and dig some holes.
3. Collect angular tension poles, attach them side backup.
4. Make every supporting pillars of the metal 2-3 through holes stretching cross prozhiliny wire-rod.Use a drill.
5. Set the columns in the pits and check the evenness of their installation.Grout pit no less than half of their depth.The remaining half of the ground pour.Leave poles in this position for about 1 day to have time to grab concrete.
6. The next day, in every hole 2 extreme tension poles, then insert coupling bolt and secure it with a nut.
7. Pull on the pillars 2 or 3 pieces of wire-rod, which will serve as cross prozhiliny.Secure in the eye of the first coupling bolt first end of the wire, and then firmly pull the wire and fasten the other end of the second coupling bolt.First it is recommended to pull the lower prozhiliny.Ends prozhiliny Wrap as tightly as possible.
8. Using a soft wire tie prozhiliny to intermediate posts.By the wooden bollards prozhiliny can be attached with clips that are simply driven into a tree.
9. Hang on prozhiliny mesh-netting.This grid is fixed to prozhiliny at regular intervals with a soft wire, pieces 10-15 cm long. The ends of the mesh is attached to the extreme poles and with a soft wire, which is wrapped around the pole several times.
Most often fence perform not one, but several combined construction materials such as wood and brick, wood and natural stone, brick and iron, or cast iron, wood and concrete blocks, iron and wood.From durable materials (brick, concrete and stone) perform the supporting pillars and the lower supporting wall (base) for which hoisting a wooden panel or metal sheathing or intricate lattice of iron.
- natural stone (for the base and the support pillars);
- uncircumcised (or cropped) board (vertical bars);
- bar section 75x50 mm (transverse prozhiliny);
- intermediate wooden poles;
- concrete mix for the foundation;
- fasteners - anodized or galvanized nails.
process of construction of the fence :
1. Follow the layout of the fence and its foundation.
2. Dig a trench under the tape base depth of 25 cm.
3. Prepare a concrete mix and fill the trench.Tamp and smooth out the sharp edges of the rack with concrete and leave it for at least a night.
4. Put the supporting pillars of stone and plinth (masonry technology, see above).
5. At the top of the supporting pillars arrange crowning cornice of stone.
6. Grout the lower support wall 4 intermediate column to a depth of 50 cm. Check the vertical column and secure spacers.
7. nailed to the cross poles prozhiliny wood.
8. Obsheyte vertical fence boards.
hedge serves as fences and simultaneously serves as a wonderful backdrop for ornamental grasses.Its planted in tall shrubs (mostly spiny) and trees.
There are 2 types of hedges :
- classical or formal, which is characterized by regular shape, created by neatly trimmed plants;
- informal, represented by overgrown bushes.
If the first type of hedge is more appropriate to the classical section, the second would be relevant only in the area of landscape type.The formal appearance;It requires more care and effort to build.Informal hedges also creates herself, but takes up more space.
By their nature, hedge has a number of drawbacks:
- need annual pruning (even informal hedge);
- impoverishes the soil, absorbing all of it nutrients, which affects the blizrastuschih cultures.
height of the hedge depends on its purpose.Inside area arrange hedges of dwarf shrubs, while in the border area, especially from the busy motorway and strong winds, erecting a fence of tall trees and shrubs.The fence height of 1.5 m is obtained from hawthorn, sea buckthorn, wild rose and jasmine, while the average height of the fence (1-1.5 m) - honeysuckle, acacia, lilac and viburnum.
Hedge recommend using the following plants: barberry, hawthorn, jasmine, honeysuckle, viburnum, hazel, buckthorn, hazel, rhododendron, rose wrinkled, boxwood, lilac, currants blood-red, snowberry, wild rose.
To obtain high hedges using trees and shrubs 3-6 years of age.Do not take plants fast-growing species, otherwise you will be added in a subsequent operation to tame growth, as such plants will be lightning fast filling allotted for them, as well as an adjacent territory.
seedlings of trees and shrubs are planted in spring or autumn.Along the lines of the future hedge dug a trench width of 60-90 cm. And a depth of bayonet spade.The bottom of the trench loosen fork and add compost, manure, peat, leaf mold.Planting is carried out in wet soil in 2-3 rows in a checkerboard pattern.Seedlings of deciduous plants.planted with bare roots, and coniferous and evergreen - with a dirt clod during transport muffle burlap.Before planting, the sick and damaged roots removed and shorten too long.
for broad-leaved trees in the trench before planting drive a number of burned wood is 6-8 cm thick and up to 3 m (depending on the length of seedlings).Plant attached to the stake so that the latter was not to leeward.Stem at fixing wrap a piece of rubber to avoid damaging the seedlings loops.Planting is best to carry out together: one person will hold it in an upright position, and another to fill the trench ground.Holding sapling must from time to time to shake a tree, so that the soil is evenly fill the space between the roots.
After planting, the soil around the plants knead legs, and plants pruned themselves in accordance with the future design.Ground height of the bushes to reduce the height of 15-20 cm.
first spring after planting at the base of the hedge sprinkle mulch moist soil (wet milled peat or bark) layer thickness of 5 - 8 cm. In dry weather, the hedge is regularly watered and in the colddays, the soil around the bushes and trees trample down.
From a young age, 2-3 times a year, make a decorative fence cut, using for this purpose pruners.