also use compost can be poor, heavy clay or light sandy soils turn into fertile or easily restore depleted land.
Kompostnik is located on a plot in a slightly shaded place, protected from wind and direct sun exposure.Shadowing a positive impact on the process of decomposition, because then there will be a good breed earthworms, centipedes and micro-organisms, and the earth will not be able to dry quickly.Kompostnik must be easily accessible, but it is not evident (for example, it is possible to close the hedge or gazebo).
Products that can be composted : food scraps, grass clippings, leaves, cut branches and twigs of trees (finely chopped), egg shells, waste from vegetables, fruits, coffee grounds, used tea leaves, straw, hay, sawdust.
Products that can not be composted : remains of food and food products, with the seeds of weeds (chickweed, nettle, etc.), the weeds with a good root system (bindweed, ground elder), diseased plants (plant parts affected bacterial, viral or fungal infections is
Practical recommendations :
- can Kompostnikdone at any time of the year, except for the days when frosts.Best for this is time - autumn, as the garden is the biggest plant waste.In a place where you are going to put kompostnik should raise the level of the soil (eg, kompostnika size of 1.5 m x 1.5 m should pour a layer of earth about 15 cm, if the land is clay, it is necessary to make a drainage layer of sand, if the land of sandit is necessary to make the insulation layer of clay).
- Separate area for composting into 3 parts: one will develop the raw material, the other two will be in the container for composting, and finished compost shifting.
- easiest way to make compost pile in the form of a pyramid, limiting the size of the boards on the sides.You can also dig a hole depth of 30-40 cm, or make a special container.To create such a container is suitable absolutely everything: the board, brick, wire or an old metal barrel without a bottom (but in the sidewalls, be sure to make holes so that air flows into the kompostnika).It is recommended to do kompostnik with two sections so that you can have a ready humus stored separately from fresh material.(See. Photo - kompostnik of wooden frame)
- before composting all sorted material (separately straw, grass clippings, cut branches, etc.) should be well grind to make the process go more quickly.Lay the material layers need Taim way to compost pyramid taper upward and the total its height should not be more than 1-1.5 m (if free access of air).Blanking kompostnik better straw, hay or leaves.
- In the absence of the necessary air kompostnike its contents begins to decay, as evidenced by the characteristic smell.Normalize the airflow can be shoveled the entire pit.If it is too dry, it means that the compost gets too much heat.During the heat of the compost should be watered pyramid, and during prolonged rain cover kompostnik.
- compostable waste require heat, air and moisture.The important point is that water should be given, and the air to circulate.For this bottom layer should consist of large pieces of waste (fragmented wood, etc.), and the following layers must be alternately of green waste and twigs in a ratio of 2: 1.
- between higher layers (20-25 cm) of waste placed a thin layer of animal manure, which is rich in nitrogen and carbon, as a result, obtained after the fermentation excellent humus.Alternately, you can use boosters for composting.All of this should cover the thin layer of soil or compost, the remaining from last year.
- After the formation of the compost pile should wait until the compost is "ripen."Periodically (every 2-3 months) crude compost should be mixed, because then the temperature inside the composting material to rise again.Periodically, it should be lightly watered.
- humus soil is formed in 1-2 years, but for a shorter period of time to receive fresh compost.Normally, to speed up the decomposition process uses special drugs.In order to obtain after 2 months compost, crushed materials should alternate with layers of poultry manure or manure.The thickness of the layers should not exceed 20-30 cm. If necessary, a compost pile can be poured.
- Finished compost smells earth and rotting leaves.The resulting compost can be further sieved using a sieve.Large pieces should be re-composted.Ready humus should sprinkle the garden and lightly rake to level it - it does not need to dig.