But I needed a paved path leading to the emergency exit of our house, and I would not stay happy if pave its usual stones or tiles.My husband finally agreed and we started experimenting, trying to create a track elements in different ways.Finally, we managed to create a wonderful form of tiles that you see in the picture.She received the original, strong enough to withstand the weight of an adult, clearly stands out from the grass, in addition, the material was resistant to low temperatures in winter, up to -25 degrees Celsius.
We used rhubarb leaves as the basis for drawing, but could go any large leaves and other plants with clearly distinguished veins, such as ferns.You can also create a texture tile on the other, using the same method, print one or more leaves on one tile and make it his own way original.
If you have never worke
- rubber gloves
- thick solid film
- prepared cement mixture.A standard package is spent on the preparation of 3 panels shown in the illustrations (45 centimeters in length and width and thickness of eight)
- if you want a color other than light gray, use lime or dye for concrete (is added during cooking)
- metal barsor mesh with one square centimeter.
1. To produce, select a quiet place where you can leave a tile for a few days.Suitable any flat surface such as a road, a concrete slab, open ground.In the worst case approach and lawn
|2. Cut a piece of the film, at least 15 centimeters longer than the list (or other desired shape chosen for the base) and place it on the ground.Place a piece in the center of the film veins up.|
| 3. Prepare concrete required consistency by following the instructions on the package.Gloved hands or using a shovel, concrete move to the sheet, evenly distributing it along the edges of the leaves.The layer thickness should be in the range of 2.5 to 4 centimeters.Firmly press down the material to unwanted air bubbles are gone.If you use with just a few small sheets, spread the concrete along the edges of your form. |
| 4. In order to ensure the strength and durability, put between layers of concrete, metal bars or mesh. |
| 5. Lift the edge of the film gently, adjusting his gloved hands or a spatula shape tiles.Sprinkle with ground edges or small pebbles, and leave it in this form until the material dries. |
6. Cover the tile a second layer of film to the concrete prematurely dried up.Let it harden for 48 hours.Then lift the tiles loose from the film (it must be easy to detach from the material) and turn to clean the surface of your tiles.
7. Remove the small remnants of leaf veins and with a strong jet of water.If you do it in hot weather, the sheet already begin to decompose itself.
8. You can put the tile in the garden immediately, but avoid stepping on it until the concrete is completely dry.This period depends on the grade of concrete, often it lasts five to seven days.From time to time during the week watering tile water jet.Finally, check that the rigidly fixed to the ground, and will not wobble when you step on them.