«Bees wintered successfully.Ah, here it is, crazy fun "- written by forumhouse.ru jon_d after his" first self-wintering. "Previously, he worked in the apiary in the summer, and now "Mr. asovetovalsya, read books, chosen strategy», and everything turned .
Whatever kind of hibernation for their bees did not choose a novice beekeeper, he must remember that if the bees enough food, they are well in colder temperatures.What do bees do not like, so it is damp.And the most important condition for successful wintering - low humidity and good ventilation in the hive.
ventilation in the hive beekeepers all forumhouse.ru satisfied in different ways.
Boxwood applies vent frame.Unlike conventional frame which is sheathed on both sides of hardboard, it has done on both sides of the vents: on the one hand at the bottom, on the other hand - at the top.
- With this box the air is taken from the bottom up and displayed.The ventilation frame with installed socket edge.
Over the years, beekeeping Boxwood tried several ways and wintering in the room and on the ground.But he got better results when the hives on pallets were over the wall of the house from all sides closed shields.In winter, all this device is always a natural way under a layer of snow.
experience of most beekeepers forumhouse.ru says that the entrance is lower during the winter is better to close completely, and keep an open bottom.This is perhaps the most reliable way to get rid of the dampness hive.It is a wintering on the street in the middle zone, where the winter is usually a lot of snow - in any case, enough so that they could fill the hives.
- If you can not remove the hives in the room, leave the street under the snow.The lower entrance is close completely, but leave the top open.And cover anything that the light falling on the entrance is on a sunny day, otherwise the bees will be anxious and even fly.
Send bees for the winter with a closed bottom tap hole can not always and not everywhere.Everything depends on what the beekeeper takes as lap: this film, or fabric strips.In the southern regions, where there is little or no snow at all, you need to cover the entrance is only if the hives are tap holes to the south.
But many Siberian beekeepers who did not swing the hives for the winter in the room, too, "winter" like doodle.In Siberia sorokogradusnuyu frost and strong winds can keep for weeks.
- hibernate as saying crowing.Lower notch tightly closed, fully open the top.I tried differently - as the least mold.My comrade in winterer bees puts in place and covers polozhka kapron grid, and on top - with a pillow.In February and March, when the brood begin to drive, removes the cushion completely and increases ventilation zimovnika.It does not happen all the mold.
In Zimovniki should be dark (otherwise the bees will crawl out of the hive, and the family will die), cool (no warmer than six degrees) and dry.
- In fact, in the classical Zimovniki 5 (underground temperature +5).It is important that ventilation was good, because in February, brood hunt - the temperature creep up.At higher temperatures, the bees begin to worry about the temperature even more creeps.There will be jumping out of the hives, if the time for cooling ventilation is not provided.
- As I was taught, humidity should be as low as possible, because the bees are not afraid of the cold, damp and honey is hygroscopic and pick up moisture if you can sour.Those winters with holstikom- film, look: if the film is going to condensate, thus leaving a lot of frames, it is necessary to reduce the number.
Bitnik came to the firm conviction that the film-lap is good only in the spring, during the initial development.And you can spend the winter under the rag or lap bars.
- But my overwinter outdoors . Indoors, maybe it is just the opposite.This is just my observation and my conclusions.
Siberian _JG_ now believes wintering in the wild one, "unprofitable in every sense," and says that "the need winterer."In winter, after which _JG_ finally established in the decision, it leaves 8 families - 6 rue (Ruta hives), 1 sunbed, 1 Nucleus.Two feeble Included in shlakoblochnogo house, and the rest left in the street.Terms of all families are the same - zakarmlival syrup in the winter as long as the take.On average, in the nest turned 10-15 kg of honey, mostly in the upper body, and 15-17 kg of sugar syrup that is sufficient for the winter.10-frame hives left on Route 2 buildings.Beehives covered with snow on the roof.
- Having read and heard plenty of people on the wintering on the outside, its benefits, and so on. N., A strong emphasis is on family street.The two families, which are included in the house, just trying to keep, t. To. 1st weak and 2nd - medium strength with valuable young uterus ... e. To them, frankly, are not counted.And as a result - in the house are all alive, and 3 family Rutovskih buildings on the street were killed.All three different reasons.
1. When switching from one body to another, see, worried, and the club has broken into 2 parts.We climbed up to the top and seem to have frozen.
2. Not able to move from the lower to the upper body.Above his head they have a honey body, and they oponosilis and died of hunger in the bottom.
3. We got to the top and back wall oponosilis and died of starvation.Most recently, apparently - it was a small patch of the brood.Perhaps my mistake - in the formation of a nest in the winter.
As a result of this and the last wintering _JG_ made the following conclusions:
- industry standard Rutovskie hives are not suitable for wintering on the outside, hard bees move from one building to another in the cold;
- Rutovskaya frame of little use for the winter because of the small size, it is necessary to move to Dada, so you can safely leave to spend the winter in the 1st case;
- wintering in the wild - an unprofitable option in every sense, if it is weak grebe in the house survived, and strong on the outside were killed;
- winterer necessary.
This _JG_ other beekeepers forumhouse.ru always emphasize that every experience is different.Universal, suitable to all the recommendations can not be.But the strategy of building a successful winter, perhaps, should examine and summarize the experience of our members of the forum - something useful necessarily pocherpnesh.
We have so:
Bees Man777 winter in the hive with open upper and lower trays.Lap behind it bends, puts hives in a row, the space between them scored hay, rear sets of reed mats.When winter weather set, the beekeeper puts reed mats and front - to darken.And, of course, do not forget about letkovye-layers from mice that are sold in specialty stores, metal or plastic, which are considered more comfortable.
Camshit beekeeping for many years tried several ways and wintering in the barn and on the spot, but the best results are obtained when the bees were over the wall of the house on pallets and covered on all sides by shields.
- In winter, all this device is usually a natural way is under a layer of snow.Family in the hive of polystyrene put into the barn, but then no cover - cushion of moss on top of the socket and a piece of old syntepon.We put bees for the winter in early November, open after March 20 .
- My father is engaged in bees.Every autumn, after evacuation of honey, he feeds them (poured into the cell mixture of sand and water).
until the first snows are outside the hive on pegs.When the snow falls (a lot of snow) come and just swap hives chocks in front pegs from the tap-hole at an angle put a wooden shield and side lapnikom We thrust (freshly cut tree branches).Beehive throws snow - resulting in a slide.Before any manipulations importantly - to cover notches bars, and generally protect the hive from that mice do not pick up.
While there until the winter time, you can get it all and think about how to prepare for it.Look at the most beautiful selection of videos about bees on forumhouse.ru - wintering devoted to "Lesson №6».Here you can read about the unusual but interesting design of the hive.And here - about the breed of bees, which has resistant to all well-known resistance to pests and diseases.