Stairs in the garden serve not only for convenience, they are also important as an element of the organization of space.Correctly executed staircase diversity and visually enhance the garden, especially when it is placed slightly obliquely along the descent area.The decoration will also be large landings, located on the corners, where you can even set the bench and use this place to relax.
In turn, making stairs, that is situated in a straight line, it brings a different visual effect: they indicate the direction of our gaze.This staircase leads from the gate to the house or to another, for example, is partially invisible,
matter will be placed as a ladder, it must carefully build and decorate.For this material to be used, which is already used in the garden.Admittedly this does not mean that the ladder should be the same as, for example, a footpath.It is important that these elements are in harmony with each other.
For the stairs in the garden do not need to feel sorry for the
1. Number of steps calculated based on the lift height and the selected step size.It is necessary to choose a project in which the ladder in one line is not very long, and if the terrain does not allow to realize it, then be sure to make the landing.
2. Dimensions of stairs.The maximum benefit will provide step height of 14-15 cm and a depth of 33-35 cm. In size and comfortable stairs must meet the following criteria:
2 h + s = (61-65) cm,
where h is the height and s - the depth of the steps.
If you build a ladder according to such calculations, it will be possible to maintain a uniform rhythm of steps, and no one in it would not stumble.
garden ladder width should be at least 80 cm, but if you need more that two people walking side by side, to move freely through it, you should increase the size up to 120 cm.
3. Security.Basically, this affects the material from which the stairway.It is, above all, that the surface is not slippery.From this point of view, it is less likely to perform stair suitable timber, if it is, of course, is not particularly knurled.Also it is necessary to take into account the durability of the material.Steps damaged or irregularities are unsafe.
Garden stairs should be well publicized, because the movement but it is dark or twilight "touch" is associated with a high probability, not only fall but also to get injured.If the sides precipitous staircase and is located in an area with a slope of more than 10%, you should put a railing that can stick and move safely even when the steps will be covered with snow and obledeneyut.
stone, concrete, brick, wood
material used to create the staircase should be waterproof, frost-resistant and rough.It is these qualities have concrete and clinker.Wood, unfortunately, does not meet these requirements.
Natural stone .Especially it is necessary to use the pieces of hard rock (granite, basalt).Completed one slab or wedges are durable, waterproof and always have a good appearance.A good building material can also be field stones, provided that there are sawn and stacked with the flat side up.
Sandstone and limestone will also work to create a garden stairs, but due to the fact that they are less durable, they should be before laying process water-repellent composition.
Clinker .This material, which is usually easy to pick up a finishing element of the house or fence.Good looks paired with natural stone, wood and concrete.The ladder can be made also from ordinary bricks.However, it will be less durable than the clinker, but much cheaper.
Concrete .Made of concrete slabs and pavers ladder are perfect for creating a garden stairs.They have different sizes, colors and shapes, are durable and can withstand high loads.The refined version resemble natural rock or old cobblestones.From the point of view competitive prices and other advantages of concrete products are often used in gardens.
Tree .The main thing is to use wood from hardwood (eg oak or exotic species), and the board was the maximum possible thickness (it affects the durability).For safe use of the well will be on the top step to make recess, to help reduce the risk of slipping.Although railway sleepers are often used for decoration in gardens, do not use them.Toxic means by which they once soaked, into the atmosphere and can cause injury.
ladder on a ladder
Before you begin construction of the stairs in the garden, you must first define its exact position, set the number and size of steps, as well as the depth of the projection plan, which must fit, stabilizing the surface layer.
Pit. under each planned step should remove 30-40 cm of soil.The soil in the pit should be carefully compacted best mechanical seal.At the same time you need to create the slope so that water can easily drain to the future steps (it will be enough 1-2%).Additional
pit should still be below the bottom step, which will be the foundation to prevent the displacement of the stairs.This should be considered when creating recesses.
execution. Regardless of the design and type of materials used, are starting to make a ladder from the bottom.
1. Natural stone and concrete pavers are laid on the bedding layer thickness of 15-20 cm, which consists of a mixture of cement and sand in a ratio of 1:10.Bedding should be compacted, but the top layer (3-5 cm) - only to align.
paving or stone elements starts from the coast, so as not to spoil the previously prepared base.Due to the fact that the ladders are not exposed garden large physical stress is not necessary to install curbs Berezhok be sufficient, i.e. the wide concrete pouring, which are stacked on the outer row 2-3 or paving stones.
all the time should control the width and angle of the surface of the steps.The cracks between the individual elements is filled with dry sand.At the end of the work, you should sweep a few times and firmly establish the individual elements of the stage.
2. Clinker brick laid on a solution previously made concrete steps.Their construction begins with the creation of a reinforced foundation for the bottom step.After that, the prepared pit is poured a layer of bedding (10 cm) of sand, created boarded the aerial part and placed steel reinforcement.8-10 mm diameter rods are placed every 10-12 cm, between the stacked bars with a diameter of 6-8 mm through each 25-30 cm. After that, the space is filled with concrete of class B15.When laying bricks will be made only after a couple of days, up to that time should periodically polevat water concrete, isolating it from the wind and sun.
3. Wooden elements (beams, edging) are placed directly on 15-cm layer of sand bedding, carefully compacted.In order to separate elements are not dispersed over time, they can be connected by metal arches framing or run out of stones or pavers, fixed concrete screed.