Why fall off tiles in the bathroom or in the kitchen?This issue is of concern to many novice developers.
Experience professional tilers say that the quality of the preparation of the wall depends on the success of 90%.
's just, what is the correct preparation of the base and tiles sticker on it?Investigated with users FORUMHOUSE!
may fall off the old tiles and glued recently.In the first case, the cause of the fall can be the loss of the ability of the adhesive composition, holding the tiles on the wall, or the deformation (shrinkage) of the wall.In the second case, it is due to improperly prepared surface disturbances technology gluing tiles or incorrectly selected tile adhesive.
Therefore, before you start laying the tiles, it is necessary to think - on what surface it is adhered.One business - to lay the tiles in a wooden cottage, and quite another - in the stone.
example, wooden house sits for a long time.If you stick the tiles on the wall, which is rigidly connected with the structural elem
- I lumber house.I glue the tiles in the bathroom as follows: a metallic ceiling profile, which is used for screwing drywall 47x17 mm, 500 mm and attach it to a wooden rack hangers.In the corners, vertical mount the guide profile.Ceiling and basic profile will not be hard to fix.
Thus, water-resistant gypsum board, which is used as a base under the tile, will not be "firmly" attached to the supporting structures of the wooden house, and be a little "walk" together with the frame.But there are some nuances.
- I'm in the bathroom walls are covered GVLV guides.After some time went tile vertical cracks in two places, exactly where the joints of the two sheets.What could be the reason?
With this scheme, it is important to provide training base supporting the overall stiffness of the frame of metal profiles.And before you stack a tile, it is necessary to make waterproofing to protect the substrate from excessive moisture.There is also a particular tile in a house built of SIP panels.
- When I decided to put a new bathroom tile, you must first remove all the old tiles, then screwed moisture-resistant drywall sheets, processed it and waterproofing compound, providing protection against mold, and then laid tile.Since then, it took 3 years and tile hanging as nailed.
Consider a typical situation encountered by many developers.There are some areas, such as a bathroom where you want to put a tile.Where to begin?Actions can be divided into the following items:
1. Wash off whitewash or paint tear (if any).
2. If the walls in the house of concrete or plastered, they must also otgruntovat composition, increasing the adhesion of tile adhesive.
The base under the tile must be dry, smooth and always free of paint, oil, dirt and dust.
also important to choose glue.For each type of tiles (different size and weight) and for different operating conditions (wet, dry room) have their own adhesive mortars.If sticks large format tiles, then glue it is selected according to the manufacturer's recommendations.Otherwise the tiles will fall off.
- advice before applying the tile must cover all as primer and allow the surface to dry.Almost all modern tile adhesives are applied to dry surfaces.The instructions and write: "Do not wet!".If the wall in the bathroom is decorated with stucco, since the hygroscopic gypsum to priming a wall should be treated with special care.
If the instruction is written to the primer that can only lay tile in a day, then you need to follow the recommendations, and not to engage in "amateur" and hurry.
Alterations are always more expensive than originally quality work.
Sometimes you have to make repairs in older homes, where the wall is literally crumbling before our eyes.How to be in this case - to resort to expensive repair base?No new posts with the nickname Pauline offers a way out of the predicament:
- When we glued the tiles in the kitchen, in the eerie wall with crumbling plaster polupesochnoy then used construction grid-serpyanku.Now, after almost two years, a tile from the wall, you can pull out only the "meat" so well it stuck to the grid.
Another common cause of the fall of the newly laid tiles - a violation of sticking technology.Widespread method of laying ceramic "slap" - glue is applied not on the entire surface of the tile, and the dot.This is fundamentally the wrong approach!This "technology" results in the appearance of voids between the tile and the substrate.As a result, tiles may fall, or if she put a foot washing machine breaks off the edge of the tile.
To determine the presence of voids, you can just tap on the wall.Voiced sound produces emptiness.In addition, some of the "master" dub irregularities on the wall, by imposing excessively thick adhesive layer.In this case, the tile adhesive gives greater shrinkage, cracking or tiles fly off from the base.
- between the tiles and the wall should be a layer of glue, said in a statement.Laying tiles on the so-called "bun" speaks eloquently about the level of "master."Tiles laid in such a way (due to voids) may crack when drilling.Except as trash, such work can not be named.
no cavities between the tiles and the wall should not be, especially on the floor.The adhesive must be applied uniformly over the entire tile surface with a notched trowel!
And in case of disputes with foremen how to do it right, there SNIP 3.04.01-87 "Insulation and finishing coats", which is written: "When checking the grip of monolithic coatings and coatings of rigid tile materialsthe underlying elements of the floor should not be knocking the changing nature of the sound.Checking knocking across the floor in the center of the squares on the grid with conventional cell size of at least 50x50 cm. "
in a wet basement should be treated joints between the tiles with soil protection - and grout better preserved, and the moisture will not seep under the tile, which may eventually lead to its peeling.
Another indirect factor affecting the service life of the laid tiles, it is good ventilation in a humid room.If it be neglected, the following may occur.
- two years ago I put the tile in the bathroom.Like and I laid properly, but a year later, all seams are black.Removed from the grout joints with the help of "Bulgarian" and again zater.Soon the blackened joints again - why, maybe, bad grout?
Grout here nothing to do with all the fault of the scourge of bathrooms with poor ventilation - black mold.Rescue from her organization can correct ventilation.To learn how to do it, read this article.
to tile in the bathroom was kept for a long time, should adhere to the following guidelines:
- base must be flat and dry.Free of wet glue on the base of the tile can not be!
- should be primed area before laying the tiles, particularly if the walls crumble and finished with stucco.
- Tile adhesive selected specifically for wet areas.
- tile adhesive should be applied not "chunks" or "slaps" and special notched trowel, so-called "comb".With this method tile contacts the entire area of the wall and, accordingly, well-kept.
- If the wall is covered with paint, then such a surface to glue the tiles can not.You must first remove the paint or make frequent incisions ax on the wall.Then carefully primed surface on which it is intended to glue a tile.
technology tiling from "A" to "Z" is here.To learn how to stick the tiles in the wet room, FORUMHOUSE users can learn from this thread.All information on waterproofing of the floor and walls of the shower concrete screed assembled here."Repair of the bathroom with their hands" - a detailed photo report forumchanin available at this link.And in this video explains how beautifully laid tile in the kitchen.