However, do not take the time to install a new expensive system.First, check how effective the current system has been used and whether it is possible to reduce the heating costs?Perhaps some of your money flies into the pipe in the literal and figurative sense!
So, first check whether there is leakage of heat in your home.
most simple and time-tested method: Insulate all windows and doors.It sounds too simple?However, this is the cheapest way to reduce the loss of heat by 10-15 percent.So
- sure all windows and doors.In your home should not be gaps and drafts.Check whether your doors are closed.Old windows, ill-fitting and therefore create a problem of drafts, it may be better to simply replace.You may find that the installation of new windows will cost you a pretty penny, but it will be repaid by savings in heating costs.In addition, you can enjoy the improved look of your home and the comfort of your home.
- Do not forget to check out all of the channels along which the wiri
- Another source of the leak - sockets and switches, they can skip the cold air.Therefore, be sure to use pads that are installed behind the sockets and switches, and effectively prevent the escape of heat.
- Do not forget to close the damper on your fireplace.Of course, the valve must open when the fire is lit, but as soon as you went out, be sure to close the damper or your pipe will literally "pull" warm air from the room.This is an effective way of keeping warm that you absolutely no cost!If your fireplace glass doors, be sure that they are also well covered.
- Check all pipe heating and cooling system for leaks.After all, your pipeline is actually a huge hose, but instead to pump the water, he shakes his warm in winter and cool air in summer.Even the most inconspicuous hole can lead to big leaks.In addition, through these openings into the house can enter the waste heat, which is also not add to your joy.Over time, the pipeline may even break.Gaskets rassohonutsya, they may crack.All this will lead to the fact that warm air will go somewhere in the basement or the attic, where it is not needed.In no case do not use the cloth as a heater or pipe sealant.It is also desirable to use adhesives and sealants, rubber-based.Instead, use sealants and adhesives on a plastic base, a metal tape or fabric tape impregnated with butyl.Check the pipeline and eliminate leaks should be specially trained personnel who have the necessary equipment for this purpose.Your efforts to eliminate all leaks will help you save up to 10% on heating costs.
Check all insulation in the house.
sure Insulate your attic, especially if you live in an old house.Before the house is usually built without any thermal insulation of attics.As a result, a huge amount of heat can escape through the walls, floor, and especially - the ceiling (if you remember from physics - warm air goes up).
Check your heating system.
- Regularly check your heating system.Be sure to conduct a test in the fall, before the heating season, make sure that your system is working properly.
- monthly changing air filters.Your system is a result will not consume as much power and longer serve you.In most cases, you can handle the replacement of filters on their own, not forgetting to remove dust and dirt from the air valve.
- If you have an older heating system - you might want to convert it.Systems that were produced until 1977 now work only 50 or 60 percent of capacity.This means that half of the fuel is wasted.Modern gas heaters and stoves have an efficiency of up to 97%.Thus, replacing the old heating system of one of the advanced models, you can almost halve gas consumption!
- If your house electrical heating system, using heat pump, which can reduce electricity consumption by 30-40%.
- sure to use electrothermal relays.If you have an older heating system - it is necessary to install it.It will allow you to automatically increase or decrease the supply of heat, if you are at work, leave or sleep at night, as well as to maintain the temperature at the required level, you.Remember: it is easier to heat the cool house than to maintain heat in the house all day.Using a thermal switch properly, you can reduce heating costs by 20 to 75%.
- In addition, the thermal switch will not allow the people too eager to turn the heat on high, to warm up the house faster.Remember, such an act will not help you warm up faster, but it will lead to unnecessary costs.In addition, there is a risk of forgetting to turn off the relay electrothermal manually, and your house, meanwhile, has become a real tropics.
- Switch your ceiling fans and air conditioners so that they pumped the air toward the ceiling, or they can lower the temperature of your room at 4 degrees.In the summer - it's great, but in the winter?This is especially effective operating rooms with high ceilings.
And finally, do not forget to save electricity for lighting.Buy and install a few fluorescent light bulbs instead of conventional incandescent bulbs.
Although they are more expensive than conventional bulbs, they use three to four times less electricity, which is especially noticeable in winter, when the light has to include a much earlier and turn off later.In addition, these bulbs will last you fifteen times longer than usual.
Install fluorescent lamps in places where you turn on the light more often, and their costs will pay off very quickly, and you'll save on electricity bills.