wearer FORUMHOUSE Oyster successfully bought a huge clay pot in the form of a giant poppy heads, half the size of a bath.She had wanted to fill it with water and plant water lily.No new posts bought pink Dutch nymphs «Starbust» in white granular substrate and wondered what to do next: leave the substrate or throw?Is it possible to plant directly into the ground nymphs, poured it on the bottom of the pot?What should be the composition of the soil?The feed plant, and most importantly - when it will bloom?
- Substrate throw it "transport" part.The soil can be anything - the main thing that he was fertile, heavy and greasy.Your Nymphaea bloom this year.Flower gives each bud to bud, and their number is not limited.
nymphs planted in the ground in some cases (if appropriate composition and plants overwinter in the pond right), in the other - in a container pots or special mesh baskets (sold in flower shops, the same place where aquatic plants).You can use containers or plastic bucket.At
the bottom of the tank can be made a few holes the size of a penny.
- If the winter will be in the pond, you do not need a shopping cart.But for normal growth, many are advised to first put the basket with the nymphs on the depth of 40-60 cm and then lowered to the extent of regrowth of the leaves.Wherein the sheet must be kept on the surface.And then, when the basket reaches the bottom, pull out of her nymphs and prikopat the ground, covering Galechka.
Nymphea form long roots that quickly entwine clod.The plant no longer enough food, so smart once flowers, pride of the pond every year are becoming smaller.The main thing in the care of this flower - make timely transplant.By the way, to buy new, "young" plants no sense.
- Varietal nymphs, unlike other plants, seeds do not breed.They are divided.Therefore, buying a "new very young," you just buy the same, but divided roots.
usually hibernate in the pond nymphs are transplanted every two to three years.Desirably, the day of transplantation was sunny.Plants gently removed from the pots, washed with a water jet and rhizomes were separated.Older nymphs divide the tubers with a knife, two-year roots gently break hands.Each delenki should be rosette of leaves or even kidney.
- Feels like, after the seating of the five-year old overgrown roots can say that for a couple of years, 20 liters is enough.Then better to split 2-3 buckets or pelvis.You can put in 40.But if you can get it out of the pond and transport for the winter, if you take out the nymphs?Put in the top 20 and in the autumn will be able to understand whether you need to increase the volume.
seated even need those nymphs that grow in ponds with a natural bottom - they can not live in one place.As explained by FORUMHOUSE Evgen1956, hardy nymphs have two types of rhizomes - compact, with a large number of growth points and elongated, subramose.The first tend to thicken rapidly.Over time, in the middle of the curtain is formed hole, bush becomes annular.Second, sooner or later perepolzut a more favorable location.The owner of this beauty from time to time have to dive and shred the rhizome, restricting or directing its growth.
Nymphea - "gluttonous" plant.For it is not starving, landing many lay the ground bone meal, but it spoils the water.If the lily is planted in a container with ground bone meal can be "sealed" with clay, but Nikolaichch offers a more interesting way:
- I put rubber gloves on his hands, 50 g of water - inany plastic container, then add and mix a little clay plaster to the state.Quickly sculpt dumplings, instead of stuffing - Touch flour.Also collapsing the whole "dumpling" in the flour, a little Mnu palms and - to dry.How is dry, about a day, you can lay in the roots.No turbidity in the water.And still it is possible to apply color sticks, they too long to dissolve in water.
Kennel owner nymphs Kitsenko Alex (nickname for FORUMHOUSE Kitson ) advises to add bone meal, if there are fish in the pond.
- nymphs basic diet consists of nitrogen.Some recommend coal and bone meal, and if coal, possibly useful, the meal I do not recommend adding those who eat the fish in the pond.She begins to literally "grow stupid" and breaks the pots for a few days, you need to tightly cover them with gravel.I have long experimented and realized that without these two components, the nymphs develop wonderful.
into natural water bodies, with a thick layer of mud, do not need fertilizing silt for them - the most "delicious".
One of the main things you need to know about Nymphea - they can not tolerate the neighborhood with fountains.The fact that in the wild lilies live in stagnant water or slow flowing waters.Splashes of water they are contraindicated.
- nymphs, unlike other plants, breathing hole - stomata - are located on the upper side of the sheet.Therefore, on top of the wet sheet can not breathe.From excessive splashing the leaves rot and die.In addition, the droplet on the surface of the sheet are activated, as a lens, and can cause sunburn.
Almost all nymphs, except tropical tolerate cold winter and calm right in the pond.For a successful winter need to plant it was lowered below the ice, then there is a pond in this place not to be fine.
- The main problem, as I understand it, do not let the plant vmerznut in ice.Up to 40 cm body of water rarely freezes in our latitudes, and the depth of 80 cm is acceptable for planting most varieties nymphs.
- to experiment repeatedly on their Nymphaeum.Black Princess - tuber just throwing swim, freezes into ice in the spring of waste and grew fine.Pink Grapefrui and Perry`s Baby Red - forgot all the pots, wintered in the 40-liter building basins, dug into the ground, they were frozen in the ice until spring.Well, a leader in experience I Gold Medal - wintered in the pond without any water!In the spring two points of growth started to grow.
As for tropical nymphs, then the easiest way out of winter - in the aquarium, with supplementary lighting MH-lamp.In Yroslav1970 , for example, tropical nymphs overwinter here in this mini-pool with supplementary lighting.
But it is not that simple.
- Experience has shown that in the tropics, too, must be a rest period, Nymphaea can "sleep" as soon as you put it into the pond in May.I have them spend the winter in the cellar at Acqua, I heat the water up to ten degrees.Older leaves are cleared and tubers fall into "kids."In the spring, in April and May pull pots and seated nodules on different pots.The effectiveness of this method - about 70%.In the St. Petersburg Botanical Garden make it easier: pull the pots out of the water and just put on the shelf.I stored this way special happened.
usual nymphs good winter and stored in the cellar, in plastic bags, with blackened leaves are cut off, and the point of growth to be covered by wet moss.Importantly, do not forget to save your neck tie humidity package.And you can just put them in the cellar in a bucket of water.
- I keep a bucket of water in the cellar for a third winter.Hibernate great and no problems ...
As we can see, with all its going wild beauty, nymph pretty easy to care for.Especially if we are not talking about sophisticated, tropical varieties.
- Even the most unpretentious delenki supermarket, at ridiculous prices, satisfy the desire to decorate the pond completely and accurately.
Simple varieties not only undemanding - they have another wonderful quality.If you plant them in the spring, they bloom in the summer.And especially do not need to split hairs.
- Take a wide and shallow bowl with any breeding ground, add fertilizer and seal the top with clay all that you water is not bloomed.The point of growth is not deepened.Place is at a depth of 20 centimeters from the point of growth, and then dropped to 50-70, it will be their permanent place.Good luck!
more about the cultivation of water lilies, you will learn here.Here you will find an interesting story about how the wearer FORUMHOUSE decorate your pond lights as nymphs.Talk on topics can Nymphaeales here.