What to plant grass to get the lawn of your dreams?On FORUMHOUSE approach to selecting grass is extremely practical: it is believed that an infinite number of varieties - heavily marketing a normal user would not notice the difference.In addition, the selection of lawn grass gone far ahead, and what we see on the shelves of our stores more often - the last century.So, do not bother, and because of that: simple.
- Where all the day light - bluegrass.Penumbra - red fescue.Bent all herbs are much more tender, but it is necessary to comb out.Regrays - fast, beautiful, but not for long!That's the whole philosophy.
How are the main lawn grass, explains and shows Consultant Lawnmower.
topsheet - bluegrass, lower - ryegrass.
leaf 10-20 cm (if not mowing) width of 3-5 mm (in wider varieties of fodder), is a bit complicated in the middle along on a section reminiscent of a Latin V, tapering from the base to the tip, the upper partmoderately shiny, the lower the "glass"
shine, so the ryegrass in the sun can be seen from afar.Color - from deep emerald green to light-light green.Veins on a sheet along the sheet and are pronounced on the underside of a well-defined "keel".At the base of the plant - pink color.It grows quickly, the lawn is soft and dense, more appreciated for the good turf - is indispensable when you need to restore damaged areas of lawn.Of the minuses - short-lived.
- There are varieties of ryegrass, which have moderate growth, narrow leaf blade, ryhlokustovoy type of tillering;which are derived specifically for use on lawns.Imported from the United States in Russia is often such varieties.What is imported from Denmark, very often a fodder varieties, the seeds of which are cheaper.I feel that "Americans" are hardier.Clean lawn ryegrass from Europe, I have not seen in the sale, and "Americans" across.
Bluegrass: leaf - 10-15 cm, width - 2-4 mm.on the upper side of the center of the track is pronounced (two blond parallel bars), a tip sheet folded boat, the upper part - matte, slightly lower gloss.
undeniable advantages bluegrass - high resistance to trampling, durability (Sodmaster saw the 20-year-old from Kentucky bluegrass lawns and argues that they are not worse than 3-year-olds), frost resistance - easy to tolerate even the Yakut winter.Weakness bluegrass lawn - slow proliferation in the early years.
- If you want to make the lawn of a grass, the best choice - Kentucky bluegrass.But the grass is not for nervous people.It is impossible today to plant, and a month to get the lawn.However, if you type patience, it will be rewarded.
Fescue (red, stiff, hairlike, sheep): all thin, twisted leaves, confused with other herbs difficult.If you want to create a perfectly smooth dark green lawn at his dacha, then sow the seeds of the prepared area of red fescue.Strengths fescue: lawn looks good, after the haircut grows evenly throughout the site, quickly recovering from mechanical damage.The lawn of fescue and durable, in fact, there are only two types of grass for a durable lawn: Kentucky bluegrass and red fescue.Of the minuses - barefoot on the lawn especially hard not run.
- As Tall fescue me a nice walk in the shoes than barefoot.Well, it's like someone.Yoga generally sleep on nails and do not complain.As for watering Tall fescue, even in the severe drought - once a week, but very abundant.She likes to drink, but, if anything, a bushy water with their roots and find herself.We had gazonchik with tall fescue, so a couple of times per season polesh and normal.Quite a good look.
lawn of a grass
Most books on landscape design, especially in Russian, supported the view that the more species are mixed in a mixture of turf, the better.This opinion has not been proven in practice, and experts do not share his FORUMHOUSE, moreover, consider that from an aesthetic point of view, better crops odnosortovyh nothing. Sodmaster says he does not always understand the meaning of compounding of different kinds: « I can not assume that the trading companies sometimes need something to shake off or make such a mixture, it will self-destruct after a couple of years ».
- Practitioners know that can be mixed (for example, red fescue and Kentucky bluegrass, fescue and bentgrass modified thin), but use a mixture of grasses such as bentgrass pobegonosnuyu, fescuesheep, and the same perennial ryegrass can be very dangerous.I'm not talking, say, about a hedgehog team and timothy.
But the point of a mixture of varieties of one species (the so-called blend) is that grades have different properties.One, for example, starts a little earlier to turn green in the spring, the other better tolerate drought, and the third - is resistant to any disease and so on. Together, they - force.
If you are sure you want to sow the lawn yourself, but nothing about it does not know what the experts recommend FORUMHOUSE opt fescue is in the shade and in the sun.
Despite the fact that our esteemed experts consider drafting an optional mixtures and the best result will give one herb, many gazonovladeltsy still sow a mixture of different herbs.But if you buy a grass mixture, only good.The components of almost all mixtures - is bluegrass, fescue, ryegrass and some other herbs in various combinations and proportions.A good cereal mixtures are selected so that the benefits of one-equilibrated with the faults of others, then the lawn can survive and normally appear in adverse weather conditions, will be resistant to the quality of soil and various environmental factors.Use mixtures have meaning only in certain cases: for hedging - when there are concerns that the main cereal badly accustomed to the landing site, to accelerate - to grassland formed faster in the mixture is meadow fescue, or when there is some kind of adverse conditions: shading, bad soil, etc.
example, clay soils suitable for this grass mixture: 70% Kentucky bluegrass, fescue 30%.Per square meter of the planned lawn will need about 25 g of a mixture, one hundred - 2.5 kg (1 kg and 1.5 kg bluegrass fescue).
lawn grass mixture used on the playground having the best turf species: 50% red fescue, Kentucky bluegrass 20%, 15% common bluegrass, Poa angustifolia 15%.Per square meter of 30 g of seed needed for sotku- 3 kg.
- The grass mixture, regardless of the lawn should always include such grasses: Kentucky bluegrass, Perennial ryegrass and red fescue.For universal lawn: red fescue, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, Kentucky bluegrass (5: 2: 1.5: 1.5).Kentucky bluegrass and red fescue most durable and can live together on the same lawn, which will serve you for years.But they are not perfect and have one big disadvantage - too slowly grow and develop at an early stage.If you can not wait to set up your lawn, then these two grasses add Perennial ryegrass.
- With regard to the "fast grass" it or ryegrass, or "rolls".All the rest - time and work.I really want to warn you that you are not stuck in the "fast" without taking the pitfalls, and then later have to slowly and methodically to redo everything.
Choosing grass resistant to shade, it must be remembered that any intermittent fescue tolerate shade better than most resistant Kentucky bluegrass and fescue and pickerel Soddy 'scores bare heels. "
- Please pay attention to those who are looking for a grass lawn shaded areas for pike Soddy (deshampsiyu).Can not be used in its pure form, and do a mixture of, say, a red fescue, like tolerated.In some cases, this output.
- You deaf underground station, then you desirable there fescue seed.Take a mixture of varieties of red fescue red or mnonosort same red.On the other herbs may not be possible.So, if you sow a mixture of bluegrass with fescue on the shadow area, the bluegrass just give the place a stronger and more adapted to the shadows - I mean fescue ...
Sometimes mixtures have to buy because there's nothing else on sale there.Experts advise to study the market and see what is really possible to find, and then choose.Suppose, on the shaded area wants to sow fescue, but it is sold only in mixtures or ryegrass (10%), or bluegrass (10%).This should be bought.10% of the concentration of other herbs (if it is not bent) in the lawn is almost imperceptible.Perennial after a couple of years will disappear from the stand because of its fragility, as well as a shaded portion, the bluegrass and there is not likely to survive.But if you want monogazon, the variant with ryegrass reliable.He disappears from the grass precisely, and bluegrass, and can gain a foothold.By the way, do not think that the shade-tolerant grass - this shade-loving grass.This is not so.Red fescue semi-shade, but likes to direct sunlight, so the fade in the sun will not, and will only get better.
Many like mixture with bentgrass, at least the first few years polevichnye lawns are just fantastic beauty.Bent rises quickly enough, despite the fact that such small seeds.But this is the most aggressive grass, and it blends -Mini delayed action.5% bentgrass pobegonosnoy enough to dislodge from the rest of the lawn.But the mixture with bentgrass thin (eg, 90% fescue, bentgrass thin 10%) have a very chance of success.
On FORUMHOUSE believed that if we put people with bent grass mixture, and soon received a clean polevichny lawn, but now he has two options.Kill lawn lime at the root by chemical means, but if you can not kill the love.Nothing else will help.
Polevichny have to mow the lawn often as possible (2-2.5 cm reaches 4-5 cm, and better - drum mowers).Watering is rare, to the extent permitted.Fertilize according to the precepts of the forum, set out in the relevant subject."Cut" in the spring and (or) in the autumn.Polevichny lawn may require combing, and more, but it is clear it will be on his mind.To start polevichnogo lawn is important that the soil had more phosphorous.But bentgrass not like lime, and grows even better in acidic soils than on limestone.
Another important thing: do not rush podseivat lawn, even if it vyglyait few bald.Try to feed him, and most likely will be all right.Says Sodmaster, «I have the impression that when I quite clearly hinted at the need for fertilizers - I did not hear or did not understand:" Anyway, tell me what podseyat! ".It's like a dog hunger starve, and then look for the most effective shampoo for fleas. "Especially when it comes to bluegrass lawn.
- Bluegrass generally not suitable for oversidinga.In practice, oversiding bluegrass lawns do ryegrass.If something has dropped out, the easier podremontirovat, replacing part of the lawn.However, you can wait - Poa quickly fills himself bald spots.If izrezhivaetsya bluegrass, for example, due to lack of light, oversidit bluegrass generally silly - it is better to use a pike or red fescue modified (commutata).
The problem is that the best varieties of grass developed slowly.But these varieties are still expensive and difficult to find them.It turns out that the choice of this: after all, to get the desired grade and to do everything yourself, or buy ready-made, the so-called turf.Very often, in practice, the second way is not only simpler, but also more cost-effective.
- If there is a great desire to go almost immediately - take the finished roll.If the sow itself - the first year to go gently, only for processing.
About the advantages and disadvantages of the lawn of white clover can be found here, the Moorish flowering lawn - here.How to care for your lawn: mowing, mow, irrigate, what and when to feed exhaustively described in this article.Watch the video: landscaper advises how to care for your lawn.Share your lawn experiences and ask questions to the experts in this section FORUMHOUSE.