anyone who wants to build a house, concerned with the question: how to choose the material for walls?After all, it depends on the strength, durability and comfort of home.
addition, the choice of wall material directly affects the cost of the work on the construction of the house.
So how to choose the wall material you "on the shoulder"?Seek clarification from the experts forumhouse.ru!
from our material, you'll learn:
- How to approach the selection of the wall material?
- What is different from the warm ceramic bricks?
- Why so popular foam and aerated concrete?
- whether to build a wooden house?
- What are the pros and cons in frame houses?
- Can arbolit compete with modern materials?
How to start a variety of wall material?
Any new developer when choosing a material for building a house for permanent residence faced with an abundance of contradictory information.It seems that the materials so that the choice of a suitable seems an impossible task.How to narrow the scope of the search, and selec
According to forum user with the nickname Abysmo, enough to ask yourself ten questions in order to understand from which to build a house.Namely:
- What is planning to build a house - for permanent residence or for short-term raids?
- What are your requirements for durability and environmental safety of the wall material?
- how fast you want to move into a house?
- What fuel will heat the house?
- During that operation would cost at home?
- How much are you willing to spend on the construction of the house?
- What building materials are available in your area?
- possible to conduct independent work, or will be involved in working?What
- building technologies and mechanization means available in your area of residence?
- considering a probability of home sales in the secondary market?
There are no universal wall materials suitable for any project.Each house, land, region of residence, personal preferences require the use of their materials.
opinion of the consultant on the construction of Roman Nikonov :
- When choosing wall materials must take into account a number of technological features and the protective properties of the material: fire resistance, durability, heat conductivity.In addition, it should be guided by their feelings - whether you like the material or not.
in central Russia walls should provide good thermal protection.They must also be strong enough to withstand the weight of floors, roofs, snow and wind loads.
For example, the snow conditions in the Moscow region is able to load up to 180 kg per 1 sq.m.the roof surface.Do not forget about the fire resistance of structures.
to the experts of our forum Alexey Melnikov (nick Offline Lёhin ):
- In violation of construction standards and technologies can ruin even the modern and expensive wall material.
And vice versa - a sound approach and careful planning allows for very limited budget to build a reliable, practical and comfortable house.
Information: the cost of erecting boxes (relative to the total construction budget) usually does not exceed 20-30%.
indicators should be an example.
If the house is planned to be operated in the "cottage", it is often to build stone walls are not cost-effective for the following reasons:
- economic component.Eli stone house is cool, then on arrival he needs a long protopke.It is not profitable to do for one or two trips a week.
- operational component.Irregular protaplivanie stone house in winter negatively affect its durability.
Among the most famous of the materials used in the construction of the walls, are the following:
- warm brick and ceramics;
- foam and aerated concrete;
- frame technology;
consider their main features.
1. Brick and warm ceramics
My house - my fortress.So we can say about the cottage, built of brick.This material is used as a building material since time immemorial.
advantages of this material:
1. Strength - indicated by the letter "M".The number after the letter indicates what kind of load can withstand a brick.This value is expressed in kg per 1 sq cm
2. Durability.Houses of brick is one of the most durable buildings.
3. Sustainability.At the heart of bricks - clay, sand and water.Due to its structure, a brick well breathable.Therefore, the house is set a favorable climate, and the excess moisture out of the building to the outside.In addition, the brick walls are well accumulate heat and then give him inside the room.
4. High frost.The higher the frost resistance, more durable home.Frost resistance - the ability of building materials to withstand freezing and thawing in water-saturated state.Frost resistance of the material indicated by the letter F. The numbers after the letters stand for the number of cycles of freezing and thawing, which can withstand the material without losing its properties.
5. Aesthetics.The house, built of brick, can be made in any architectural style, and the technology of masonry worked for decades.
6. The high degree of sound insulation.Walls of brick well quenched like a street, and of interior noise.
Despite a number of undeniable advantages, simple brick has significant drawbacks.
- Traditional ceramic brick 250h120h65 mm size does not correspond to modern heat engineering standards.
Calculations show that the required thickness of homogeneous brick walls (even for the southern latitudes of the country) is not less than 1 meter.
build a house with such thick walls is not economically feasible.Therefore bricks got its further development - in the form of modern solutions such as warm ceramics.
Roman Nikonov :
- Ceramic block or porous ceramics - a high-tech material based on clay.
Thanks smallest pores filled with air, ceramic stone gives a very warm and has a high mechanical strength.Dimensions warm ceramic block is larger than the standard brick several times, which increases the speed of masonry.But at the same time, warm ceramics - rather fragile material.Therefore, to mount any structures in the wall of the ceramic block is necessary to use special anchors.
Alexander Toporov (nick Offline 44alex ) :
- Warm Ceramics has a thin-walled structure, so it is not easy to fix any heavy objects, and for its cutting requires an expensive special tools.After laying ceramic warm it should either be plastered on the outside, or in addition to fill the vertical joints.In any case, before you buy a ceramic stone I recommend to pay attention to the geometry of the unit and make sure there are no cracks.
When shtroblenie and drilling walls warm ceramics need to be very careful, otherwise you can split the block.
main drawbacks of bricks:
1. The high cost of construction.Brick applies to expensive materials of construction, resulting in increased construction estimates.
2. The large mass of the building, built of brick, require carefully calculated Bookmarks powerful and expensive foundation.
3. Seasonality of construction work.
wet process (preparation of building mixtures and solutions based on water), or impose restrictions make it impossible to Bricklaying in winter.
For more information about the features of warm ceramic watch in this article .
2. foam and aerated
Today, gas and foam concrete blocks - the most common materials for building walls.This is due to a good balance in quality-price ratio.
- Advantages of such blocks are in their relatively low thermal conductivity (as a consequence of high thermal resistance), high fire and biological stability, ease of handling manual and portable power tools, as well as their ease.
These qualities allow the user of our forum with the nickname Dimastik25 yourself to build a house of aerated concrete.
- I chose concrete, because it makes it possible to conduct a laying on their own, without the involvement of an auxiliary force.
block size allows it to stack one person, but at the same time, due to the large-size block, the construction goes fairly quickly and without much effort.
Even an untrained person can own to stack blocks.No need to mix a large amount of cement-sand mortar, masonry is carried out on the glue.Also significant advantage is the uniformity of the wall, a large selection of blocks and good geometry.
- gazosilikata easy to handle, it is easily sawed.It is also easy to organize different Laying nets, bridges, arches, etc.
should be noted that one of the main advantages of gas and foam concrete as a wall material is their good heat and sound insulation, which leads to a decrease in the cost of heating and insulating materials.
Typically, aerated concrete blocks are manufactured by large enterprises.Therefore, the quality of these materials corresponds to the specs, and the geometric deviations are minimal.
But this story is not without drawbacks.
- Gas and foam concrete blocks - very fragile material.Low flexural strength requires use of relatively expensive and powerful foundation (usually monolithic reinforced concrete slab), as well as additional reinforcements - Laying nets.
Foam, although cheaper aerated, often made by so-called "garage" methods.Therefore, when you purchase should be carefully consider the question of choice of supplier and not to pursue the lowest price.
acquainted with all the features of foam can be in this article .A here gives details about aerated.
3. Wooden houses
tree - it is a classic building material, but despite the widespread prevalence, also has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
Roman Nikonov :
- Wooden house "breathes", is beautiful.This is a very "flexible" versatile material, easy to transport and install.But at the same time, less durable than the tile.
Sincein the construction of wooden houses are no wet processes, the house can be built at any time of the year.
What to choose for the construction of the house - bar or a log?
- Bruce is more practical in terms of cost-efficiency ratio, but for lovers of timbered facades are usually the first place comes the aesthetics of a log house.
logs and profiled bar (including drying chamber) - all modern versions of the logs to improve the aesthetics and simplification, the construction of the house.
Qualitatively made wooden houses can serve 200-300 years.
Among the disadvantages of wooden houses can be distinguished:
1. Device "wet" rooms in a wooden house is associated with certain difficulties.
2. On the basis of the standard size of logs (6 m), floor space of more than 5 meters in width is difficult to implement.In addition, floors in wooden houses usually wooden girder.This reduces the degree of sound insulation in the building (tree having a good sound), for example, shock loads.
3. Wood is subject to shrinkage and cracking.
4. Wooden house should be regularly caulk tint.Thermal protection, sufficient for comfortable living in the house, provides a wall of wood thickness of 200 mm.
5. Wood can rot and requires treatment antiseptic Anti-mold beetles and carpenter.
So the next step in the development of wooden house-building is the development of laminated veneer lumber - a wall material, devoid of the shortcomings of conventional lumber.We call
advantages of laminated veneer lumber:
- material is durable and, thanks to the special profile (Teeth, protects the wall from blowing), better retain heat in the house.
- Glued laminated timber has a clear geometry that facilitates and accelerates the process of building a house.
- material practically does not shrink, allowing immediately after the erection of the house to do the construction of communications and interior decoration.
- Thanks factory fire- biosecurity, glulam has high resistance to fire, mold and mildew.
- walls of the house, built of laminated veneer lumber does not need an internal and external decoration.
The main disadvantage of this material include its high cost, and the need to build a house to attract highly qualified professionals.
On peculiarities of houses made of glued beam look in this material .
4. frame technology
Prefab homes are among the most warm and prefabricated houses.Among the advantages of frame housing should be noted efficiency and speed of erection.Since
frame house is light, then under it is not required to build a strong foundation, which also reduces the cost of construction.The lack of wet processes allows you to build frame houses all year round.
Denis Reznichenko (nick Offline silent ):
- In frame houses the heating costs considerably lower compared to wood or stone houses, asthe ability to retain heat from modern insulation higher than that of conventional materials.
advantages of frame houses:
- high speed of construction;
- frame technology does not require the use of heavy construction equipment;
- construction of such houses can be conducted independently;
- due to a lack of shrinkage finish frame house can be done immediately after completion;
- thickness of the walls of the frame houses is typically less than 30 cm, which increases the useful area of the house;
- in cold seasons frame houses quickly warmed to a comfortable temperature.
Disadvantages frame houses are:
- high demands on the quality of materials used.For the construction of a frame house in the first place, it should be well dried and planed wood, treated with fire and bioshield compounds that protect it from damage and decay.With the construction of a frame house is unacceptable to use raw wood, asin the process of drying it is jarred.This leads to a change in the geometry of wooden structures.
- Construction formed qualified workers with a deviation of the technology entails a significant reduction in the performance of the house.
- Compared with stone houses, frame houses at the lower level of sound insulation.
- also among the shortcomings should be noted a low thermal capacity (heat storage capacity) frame walls.
frame house with heated quickly cools off.However, this problem is solved, for example, when used as a foundation warmed Swedish plates.