forumhouse.ru Members are well aware that the correct choice of heating equipment depends on the comfort and safety of living in the house.Due to the steady increase in energy prices and the high cost of gas connection, many developers looking for an alternative to natural gas.Although there are different ways of heating private houses, stone ovens are not going to give up their positions.So to be or not to be heating furnace in a modern cottage?The answer to this question - in our material.
In this article you will learn:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages have a stone oven?
- Where is the best in the house to install a stone oven?
- What you need to know about the features of heating furnace?
- From a brick oven has to be lowered?
- What are the requirements to the foundation stone for the oven?
- stone oven Can be an alternative to solid fuel boiler?
- What you need to know about the rules of fire safety in the furnace heating?
Advantages and disadvantages of a stone oven
To understand the suitability of a stone oven as the main heating system today, you need to understand its main advantages and disadvantages.
The main advantages of oven heating are:
- complete energy independence and autonomy of the furnace.
- brick oven for a long time and retains heat for a long time gives.
- brick oven is easy to use and has many options for exterior finishing.
- brick oven at the same time heats the house and allows you to cook tasty and healthy food.
- Thanks furnace radiant energy in the house creates a favorable especially cozy atmosphere.
- furnace does not overheat and does not dry the air in the room.
- brick oven can become a multi-functional heat-generating unit, combining heating, heating and water-heating device.
- brick oven features high maintainability.If necessary, any of the bricks can be replaced.
Pecnik from Peter:
- The heat generated by the heated brick warms the human body from the inside, which is useful for health . oven and warm, and feed, and will fly!
Opinion furnace Goldsmiths Company «Art-master» Vadim Kornev :
- If there is no gas in the house, and diesel fuel to heat or electricity is very expensive, the oven - this is what you need!
expert on pipeline-stove works companies «CPR Rubin» Alexey Telegin :
- brick oven, especially when there is no central heating in the building negazifitsirovannyh and strongly limited budget - the best option for a permanent family home in the country!
Despite the many advantages, furnace heating and a number of inherent flaws:
- Long warm-up prior to the heat.From the moment of ignition to the time when the oven will start to fully dissipate heat, it may take several hours.
- impossibility to automate the operation of the oven.As the burning firewood have to lay a hand.
- Increased requirements for quality of materials (brick) and the professionalism of the performers;
- loss of useful space in the room.The larger the furnace, the more it can heat a space, respectively, this leads to an increase in its dimensions.
- large mass.Depending on the size and number of used bricks, furnace can weigh 4.5 tonnes (about 1000 pieces. Bricks) to 20 tons (5000 pcs. Bricks).Therefore, under the oven is required to erect a separate foundation or to resort to increased core.
- Uneven heating of premises.The farther you are from the oven, the colder.That is why the village houses all of life is traditionally concentrated around the stove.
- oven built with violations of rules and regulations, could result in a fire;
- sharp heating furnace can lead to cracks in the structure.
- The main disadvantage of the stone oven - the need for manual batch of fuel.But if you are too lazy to work a saw and an ax, the possession of this brick oven will bring a real pleasure!
Is it worth it to build a stone oven?
Any homeowner, as soon as he thinks about the stove heating, a number of issues.Is it profitable?Can the oven to heat the house?And the main thing - is there any general criteria by which we can understand the degree of effectiveness of the heating?
- oven to work effectively in the first place, it is necessary to calculate its size.The dimensions and therefore the furnace capacity determined in accordance with the heat loss of the house.
Heat loss of the building is largely dependent on the location of the rooms.For preliminary calculation you can use the following table:
On average 1 square.m furnace can heat a 30-35 square meter premises.
- House 200 sq.m in winter you can heat a conventional heating and cooking pechyu- "was Dutch."
Russian stove to heat the house can be much larger.If the house has a complex configuration, you can put two small stoves in different parts of the house.Main economic component of the furnace - the price of firewood.They are different everywhere.For hot air to distant areas of the house can use a flexible, heat-resistant hoses.But so are rare - is unaesthetic.
Keep in mind that it is best to install the stove in the kitchen, living room or dining room to flood was in a residential area of the house.In the corners of the house furnace is better not to, sinceworsens the circulation of warm air in the house.The closer to the center of the furnace, the better.
maintain a comfortable temperature in the house depends on many factors: the quality and energy consumption of the furnace;thermal insulation, and the amount of space;fuel quality.The fuel for the stove, you can use the old boards, oak firewood, etc.Naturally, the heat transfer in different fuels varies significantly, which affects the degree of efficiency of the heating furnace.
Features of erection of stone oven
When choosing a heating furnace of one of the most common mistakes gets the idea that you first need to build a house, and only then begin to engage in masonry oven.In fact, the house and the furnace should be regarded as the two are closely interlinked with each other object, requiring a comprehensive approach and careful calculation.
«we dance on the stove!" - This is the motto of stove-makers.This means that before you build a house with the stove must be:
1. Understand what furnace you need.
2. Calculate the size and weight of the oven.
3. Determine the place of installation of the furnace in the house.
4. Calculate the load from the furnace at the foundation or slab.
5. elaborate system chimney.
Figuratively speaking, the stove is built inside the house, and the house is being built around the stove!
Alexey Telegin :
- often happens - developers first vozvedёt house will cover the roof, will make the finish and then suddenly remembers that he wanted to put the stove.Here and it turns out that the furnace just do not "fit" into the room.We have to alter or enhance the foundation to break and rebuild the floor and rafter system.
«Implantation" oven already built house leads to unnecessary costs.
- only if you have a project or a sketch of the oven, you can attach it to the plan of the house.
Therefore the construction of the furnace should be split into a number of successive stages.Namely:
1. Design.At this stage:
- select the type of furnace and its structure;
- predefined place in the oven;
- expect safe distances at intersections and junctions of the oven to the floor, ceiling, floors, roofs, walls, partitions;
- think over the appearance of the furnace, finishing materials, surface texture.
2. Control.At this stage you need to make sure that all work is carried out in accordance with the project.
This approach ensures high quality results.
also need to pre-select the correct material for the furnace and the chimney.Stoves and fireplaces is better to use a plastic brick molding as dry pressed bricks can not withstand high temperatures.
- Masonry chimney and furnace need to carry out corpulent ceramic brick red, burnt properly, without cracks and impurities, the brand is not lower than the M100.
prohibited to use for masonry chimneys and brick kilns or perezhzhёnny nedozhzhёnny, void, silicate, porous and lightweight!
- For solid masonry oven is best to use a good red brick, and the making of the furnace refractory bricks.
Construction of the furnace.Technical features
As with any construction, erection of the furnace begins with the construction of the foundation.You need to know a number of features that will help you avoid mistakes.
Pecnik from Peter:
- There is no light brick kilns.Even low oven 630h630 mm 1/4 brick lining will weigh about 700-800 kg.
Even such "an easy" oven, you can put just is not the floor.
installation of furnaces and fireplaces and chimneys weighing over 750 kg should be on a separate foundation.
According Alexey Telegin, foundation for the furnace should provide:
1. Uniform distribution of the load on the ground in accordance with the carrying capacity of the soil.
2. Stability and protection of building structures and furnace from external influences during motions at home, shrinkage and heaving soils.
Any foundation (depth of its foundation, the size and reinforcement) is calculated based on the load acting on it, as well as the bearing capacity of the soil.
often load on the foundation of the furnace (with its large mass) is very different from the load acting on the main foundation.If you run the foundation of the furnace and at home in one piece, it turns out that in the place of the construction of the furnace load are added, which can lead to undesirable consequences.
For buildings, subject to shrinkage and displacement, it is necessary to arrange a separate foundation under the oven, neperevyazanny the foundation of the house.
- Foundations for the furnace are usually made independent, and in the case of contiguity to each other two foundations established between them a soft paste.
just gently insert between the two foundations can be made of foam slab thickness of 5 cm.
This will protect the foundation from any side loads and destructive properties of frost heaving of the soil.No wonder they say that a particular foundation for the oven - it is folk wisdom.
If under the oven and under the house is laid a single foundation, the calculation must take into account uneven load.And to compensate for it, in the "body" of the foundation, in the place where you plan to install the furnace, additional reinforcement is laid.
stone oven with water circuit heating
How to get rid of one of the main disadvantages of a conventional oven - the uneven heating of the premises?
To do this:
1. mounted in the furnace heat exchanger (register), filled with water.
2. Connect to the circulation pump, which will drive the heated water on the heating system - radiators or the warm floor.
This system works on the principle of solid fuel boiler and a closed heating system.
stone oven in this case also serves as a water heating and heating, which ensures an even distribution of heat through the rooms.
- furnace with a water circuit is better to put one of the walls of the house to facilitate the wiring of the battery.The presence of circulating pump, expansion tank as obligatory.Such ovens are safe enough, if the heating element is welded professionally and the circuit always have water.
interesting hands-on experience in building heating a country house on the basis of a stone oven with a water circuit specialist from our portal Basil Katriychukom :
- In his furnace, I mounted a water tank.The total capacity of the system, along with the riser pipes to give 65 liters.When the furnace is fired while heated water in the tank, after which, with a circulating pump, the coolant will be driven in underfloor heating and radiator heating system.
At the device of such system must provide all safety measures.For example, in case of power failure the circulation pump stops working and the oven still will continue to heat the water (the oven can not be instantly put out).As a result, water can boil and break the pipe.To avoid this, the system is mounted security group.And in the case of boiling coolant, the excess water is discharged.
Operating pressure in the heating system is from 0.6 to 2 atmospheres.Safety group work at a pressure of 3 atmospheres.
- In the event of blackouts can provide backup electricity supply system - Petrol or inverter.
In addition to providing a warm home, the stove with a water contour prepare hot water for domestic hot water.And not to use the stove in the summer, hot water for the system can be further put the electric boiler.
also the question arises whether in the house becomes dirty from running furnace and as far as a bookmark firewood?
- Firewood oven I put the two times - day and night.Due to the large furnace in the furnace can even lay the logs.Thus extended burn time on one tab.And since the furnace is composed by all the rules, it is very economical, does not smoke and ash must be cleaned once every three days.
register can be set in the furnace in two ways:
1. Fit the heat in the oven is already folded.It is expensive and will have to partially disassemble the oven.Also, the amount of coolant in the register limit the size of the furnace.
2. Design and lay down under the stove carefully designed heat exchanger.This method will allow to achieve the perfect combination of the furnace and the register, which will ensure their efficient operation.
- In my case, the water tank is installed in the furnace through a removable oven door.
To pull the tank at any time (e.g., for repair or prevention), between the walls of the heat exchanger and the furnace wall by a gap of 3-4 mm.
clearance is also required to compensate for thermal expansion of the steel heat exchanger.
Basic knowledge of fire safety standards
Furnaces and chimneys may threaten combustible structure of the building.Avoid this help otstupki fire and cutting.
Otstupka - This fire design, protects the surface of the combustible parts of the building from the hot parts of the stove and the chimney, when they are placed in parallel.
It is a set of safety distances and measures to protect the combustible parts of the building.
Cutting - a fire design, forming nonflammable space, performed at the intersection of combustible parts of the building.For example, when driving through a chimney intercommunication overlap or stove wall.
According Alexey Telegin, protect structures from fire contribute to the following methods:
1. The use of non-combustible materials.
2. Increasing the distance from the heated surface of the furnace to combustible parts of the building in accordance with the regulations.
3. Thermal insulation of the furnace and closely spaced parts of the walls, floors, etc.
4. Screening.From any heated body emanates radiation energy.