Step by Step:
- Before designing the lighting at their summer cottage examine a copy of any measure landscaping the site and make a rough drawing.The drawing should be displayed House and other facilities, paths, steps, large trees, gardens, special plants, etc..
- Mark main zones: the entrance, a large tree, fountain, other interesting features landscape design.You must select the two main focus areas and put them on the plan.
- Designate those areas in which you often go to and that must be covered - track trails, porch, steps.Select the desired lighting effect for these areas.After sunset, use flashlights made to determine what type of coverage you need.For example, the track normally illuminate dim light that spreads horizontally along the track.
- Select the type of lighting that will suit to your design (directional / spot lights, flood floodlight lighting, paths, porches and terraces, immersed in water lighting, etc.).
- Determine the location and distribution of each type of lighting and put the
- Calculate the total length of the wire and determine the source of electricity.Note that the wires should not be visible, and should not interfere with normal operation to maintain the appearance of the landscape (mowing grass, aeration), and should not be based on the pipes, cables, bushes, trees, etc. Remember that in most systems moredevices can be powered by a single cable.Double Wire №12 is standard, but the wires and №10 and 8 are also used when the resistance is a problem due to the fact that the wires are too long or if a large number of connected devices.
- Determine in advance the location of the transformer and the controller, so they are easily accessible, located close to the power source and close to the location of fixtures.Wires must start and end at the transformer, forming a loop.It is not recommended to lay wire in a straight length of over 3 m and a length of around 9m.
- Calculate the required size of the transformer, based on the total power in watts lamps.Depending on the size of the system may take several transformers.Based on this scheme, we need to track fixtures 9 and 2 lamps, directing light downward.To determine the size of the transformer is necessary to carry out the following calculations:
|9 luminaires for tracks||18 watts 162 watts|
|2 lamps of 50 watts 100 watts|
- determine in advance whether the electric cable is laid under the tracks, veranda, etc. Run by elements such conduit to protect the cable.It is advisable to consult with an electrician if you are planning an additional cable and switch the lighting system.
- Set flags or stakes in places where lighting devices are located.Pre-contemplate such a placement of fixtures to avoid damage to them in the future when snow removal, lawn mowing, aeration, should also provide for the growth of the branches of trees and shrubs, as well as the location of the drain pipes.
- Collect lighting and put them in places where they are to be fastened.But do not fasten them yet, and do not put in the ground.
- Route the cable based on the terms of lighting.Next to each lamp for further leave 25-50sm cable depending on the size, type and location of lighting fixtures.This will not fix the lighting problem and enable them to slightly change the location in the future.We also need a transformer to leave a little cable to connect the system.
- Connect the cable to fixtures.In most systems, the cable passes through the pole lamp, then it is connected to the lamp, and then passes down the shaft to the next lamp.
- Install the transformer in the selected area.Make sure children and pets do not have access to it.
- including transformers and check the lighting system.
If all components are working properly, it is possible to bury the cable under the ground cover or mulch.On the beds better cable laid in a trench dug and covered with mulch.Not necessarily have cable under Agrotextile, but you need to make sure that the cable is at a depth of 4-8sm under the mulch.In order to bury the cable under the lawn grass, use a square shovel or a machine for trimming lawn edges to dig deep furrow 8-12sm.Arrange the cables, cover it with layers dug grass and tamp it.If a lamp placed above the ground, the cable can be attached to trees, poles or walls by means of staples (if the tree is young, leave longer cable, considering the height of a mature tree).
last step - insert lights into the ground or hang lights on the chosen place.You also need to make sure that all the lights are aimed in this direction.
Home topic here: http://www.newshouse.ru/page-id-3078.html